Sunday, February 10, 2013

Hot Chow!

I was so productive last night, I even impressed myself!  I worked out at the gym, I did laundry, I swept and mopped the room, I read a few chapters in the book I am reading, and I even managed to tweak my back in there somewhere too!  I was motivated last night.  When I say I swept and mopped the room, I did it industrial style, if there is such a thing.  I removed what I could from the floor, swept, and got the big mop from the bathroom.  I filled the ginormous bucket with some Fabuloso lavender scented floor cleaner and hot water, and mopped the dirt from that floor!  I almost did it twice because by the time I was done, the water looked like chocolate milk.  I agree, disgusting! 

This morning I discovered that the dining facility is open on my walk to work at 0530.  I received this pleasant surprise as I almost ran into a civilian walking towards the building serving hot chow.  I looked up, saw people entering, and decided to follow.  It was kind of like that scene in the movie “How to Train Your Dragon” where all the dragons are hypnotized and travel to the dragon cave to feed the queen.  With a blank stare on my face and my feet moving without my notice, I found myself washing my hands at the entrance to the dining facility.  I couldn’t stay long because I was on my way to work so I scanned my meal card at the “To-Go” entrance, was handed two to-go containers, and gained entry to the wonderful world of breakfast.  The guy behind the counter was giving me funny looks.  I was hungry and ordering everything he had behind his little counter.  He gave me that up-and-down glance as if to say, “Where are you going to put all this food?” 
My to-go boxes were full of fried eggs, bacon, extra bacon, biscuits and gravy, a breakfast burrito, hash browns, and a croissant when I realized I was about to be late for work.  I was not kidding when I said I was hungry.  I grabbed some plastic-wear, a carton of chocolate soy milk, and was back on my way to work.  The containers were warm in my hands compared to the chill that was outside.  I walked as fast as my little legs could carry me, mainly because I didn’t want my food to become cold, but I was close to being late as well. 
I didn’t even wait for the night shift to leave before diving into my breakfast.  They kept telling me how good it smelled instead of briefing me on the events of the night.  I made a nice hot cup of coffee and enjoyed the quiet of the building coupled with the satisfaction of a full belly once they left for the day. 
I also received a box from my brother today containing a rather large bottle of Pace Picante Salsa complete with chips.  My office immediately swarmed to my desk as though they could smell the unopened salsa and we immediately opened it and had a chips and salsa party.  MMmm, delicious! 

No comments:

Post a Comment