Thursday, February 14, 2013

Happy St. Valentine's Day!

Today has been uneventful.  I have nothing to do in the office today.  I went to the dining facility where the accidental shooting occurred for lunch.  I was with the same people and sat in the same seat.  Nothing happened today, which makes me more comfortable eating at the dining facility. 

A hole is being cut into our wall today.  A door is being placed where there once was a wall.  Good thing we painted the room.  The Navy SeaBees are doing the work, so it is a nice change of pace to see a different uniform and friendly faces.
Since the incident with the Veterinary Hospital, we are all being drug tested.  That is correct; I got to pee in a bottle this morning.  Just when I thought I was safe from peeing in bottles for at least nine months, bam, drug test.   Now the testers have to figure out how to send the pee back to the States for testing without a customs inspection or potential tampering.  Good luck to those guys in figuring out that part of the equation because nothing leaves this country heading towards the United States without being inspected.
Happy Valentine’s Day!  To all those people who think this is a made up holiday because it does not involve religion or a specific event in the history of our country, you are sadly mistaken.  Valentine’s Day commemorates the day a Roman priest by the name of Valentine became a Catholic Martyr.  On 14 FEB 269 he was beheaded for refusing to renounce his faith.  He is the patron saint of love and happy marriages.  He was known for marrying Christian couples, which at the time was illegal.  He was also noted as leaving dowry payments at the doors of young would-be brides who simply could not afford the dowry necessary to get married to her love.  Boom! Enjoy your Valentine’s Day; I know I am because it is the BEST holiday EVER!  I am sharing the love of the holiday by passing out Winnie the Pooh Valentine’s.

No comments:

Post a Comment