Saturday, February 2, 2013

Gym Time!

I left work last night in a weird mood.  Everyone around me was complaining about their awards, other people’s work ethics, or the temperature of the office.  Typical office politics, but I really don’t care about anything they are talking about.  Moods are contagious, however, so I soon found myself becoming disgruntled with work.  I didn’t want to be disgruntled though, and that is how I fell into a weird mood. 

I entered my room to find my roommate on Skype with her nephew who is about to turn one.  He is absolutely adorable!  I asked her if she wanted to go to the gym with me because I needed to rid myself of this weird mood.  She said she didn’t want to but that the personnel NCOIC wanted to go to the gym.  I told her to send her a text saying that I would go to the gym with her.  Five minutes later, my roommate decided to join us and started changing. 
We arrived to the gym to find the treadmills were turned around and facing a wall.  That is discouraging.  My comment was, “What, because I want to run I can’t watch TV?”  As the Personnel NCOIC went to grab her iPod, my roommate and I started to warm up. 
We started by running two miles on the treadmill.  We moved to the bikes next and did a twenty minute uphill battle.  Ten minutes in, the Personnel NCOIC excused herself to relieve her stomach of its contents.  After our bike ride, we continued on to the weights area.  Rotating through several machines, doing pushups, over head arm claps, or dips while waiting for our turn on the machine of the moment; we successfully worked ourselves until our muscles felt like Jell-O.  Finally we headed to the padded abdominal room to complete our workout with core exercises and that ridiculous abdominal workout I mentioned in a previous post.  As we completed our second iteration of abdominal exercises, I looked at the clock.  “Ladies, do you realize we have been here for two hours?  Forget this third iteration, it is time for bed!” 
Tired, but feeling good, we headed back to the MODs.  Our roommates were still awake and the newest addition was yelling on the phone with her mortgage company.  My roommate and I figured by the time we were done with our showers, the rest of the room would be ready for sleep.  We were wrong.  Showers complete, lying in bed, trying to sleep while our new roommate was complaining to our other roommate about her mortgage company.  She does not have an indoor voice apparently.  My roommate went to the bathroom and upon her return, she turned out the lights.  She gives really good hints when she wants to go to sleep.  The new roommate turns on her computer, pulls out her pretzels, and commences her loud clicking on the computer and her loud chomping on pretzels.  One of these days, my room is going to explode in anger.  I only want to be a fly on the wall when that happens because I do not want to be anywhere close when the new roommate and my roommate finally exchange words about roommate etiquette. 

1 comment:

  1. I just wanted you to know that I read your blog! I don't always get it read that day, sometimes I will read several days in a row. It is mostly enjoyable. I don't know all of the ancromns (sp)but still enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete