Thursday, February 21, 2013

Excitement

It is raining this morning.  As I lay in bed listening to the gentle pitter patter of rain on the roof, relaxing to the calm drumming of drizzle, I struggle to find the motivation to remove myself from under the warm blankets.  The rainfall is very deceiving when it hits the aluminum roof.  It may sound as though it is pouring outside but upon exiting the MOD, I found it to be a slight sprinkle of raindrops.  I quickly discovered that I was too bundled.  With every step I became warmer and warmer underneath my four layers of cold and rain protection.  By the time I picked up my breakfast of biscuits and gravy, the heat was almost unbearable as I told myself I only had about a hundred meters left until I could rid myself of the heat entrapping layers protecting me from a raindrop or two.

Breakfast was delicious.  Whoever makes these biscuits and this gravy deserves a pay raise.  Moist, fluffy, and slightly buttered biscuits combined with creamy, warm, not too spicy sausage gravy to make a meal most may consider to be inadequate, unappealing, or too southern.  I could eat this meal everyday and be completely satisfied. 
Work has been different today.  Since everyone was counseled yesterday, the environment in the office has changed dramatically.  We are all speaking to each other and actually getting along.  The LT is in a good mood and is speaking with the boss again instead of avoiding him at all costs.  Building that bridge of communication with the boss was the best thing to happen to this office.
I received word today, I should say I was eavesdropping today, but I heard today that my new roommate is leaving.  She will be returning to Germany, her home station, as soon as she fills out her packet and reserves a flight out of here.  I also heard that my other roommate may be relocated very shortly.  Currently, she is at the location that the new roommate left filling in the role she left vacant.  Perhaps she will be the permanent replacement.  That will leave me and my roommate in a room of our own which makes us a little excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment