Monday, February 11, 2013

Halfway There!

I felt like a homeless person this morning as I joined the line forming outside the dining facility.  The doors were still locked and we all waited in the cold crisp morning air.  There was a slight breeze blowing causing most of us to put our hands in our pockets or hunch over a bit in an attempt to ward off the cold.  The doors opened and we quickly gathered inside to wash our hands and grab some hot deliciousness. 

Work today has just been ridiculousness.  We just switched shifts and are getting used to working together and the boss decides today is the day to chew our asses about miscommunication and slides being inadequate.  First of all, they are other people’s slides.  Second of all, we are communicating more than we ever used to communicate.   Thirdly, this is the first time the slides have been “not perfect” in approximately 100 days. 
We also found out today that while the boss is traveling, the new CPT is in charge.  There are a few people who are not happy about this, to include the new CPT.  Yes, he has seniority, but he just arrived.  I don’t mind because it takes the pressure off me.  It also deprives me of some good leadership experience, which I do mind. 
My other roommate has been pissing a lot of people off in the office lately.  She has taken it upon herself to reallocate resources amongst all of Kandahar.  If you watch her closely, you can see she is always on the lookout for items she deems useful in other places.  Her main objective is food.  She thinks of our office as the new MWR.  In my office, we all contribute in swiping items from the dining facility to use.  She then takes it from us, which is very frustrating.  She has taken cups, bowls, milk, sugar, tea, and cases of water.  The boss is fed up with it and is posting signs for outsiders to either stay away or contribute to the pile.  I think she does it because she knows she can get away with it due to her rank.  She is a full bird colonel. 
The last straw for me was when she saw me eating my chips and salsa and told me to bring them to the chaplain’s movie night.  Um, not just no, but hell no, these chips and salsa came from my brother, for me and whatever I want to do with it.  I would also like to mention that the place in which they are watching the movie is stocked with all kinds of snack food.  There is no need to bring anymore snacks into that building.

No comments:

Post a Comment