Monday, February 25, 2013

Golf

It is another rainy day here on Kandahar and the weather fits my mood.  I am tired, sad, and a little bit out of it today.  It is cold outside too.  This is the kind of weather that makes me ask myself why I even arose out of bed today. 

I feel the need to share a pet peeve of mine.  I absolutely cannot stand when people lie to me or to those I love.  Is it really worth what you are trying to gain?  If you cannot gain it honestly, is it really worth having?  Where is the line drawn about when to lie and when to be honest?  How can you ever be trusted when you lie, even just once?  Take responsibility for yourself and your actions.  Be a real man/woman and be true to yourself.  I have more to say, but it is all inappropriate and may be considered complaining.
Anyway, stepping off my soapbox, I have decorated my office in pink and now have a miniature version of me playing golf in bobble-head form.  I received a spectacular box full of pink balloons, a pink fuzzy pen, and a pink princess tiara.  This box also had a Hello Kitty hair kit, so I am feeling a bit more girly these days, watch out! 
I cannot wait to return home and hit the golf course.  Nothing sounds more enjoyable, relaxing, or stress relieving than hitting a couple of golf balls down a bright green strip of fresh cut grass and hearing the high pitched ping of my lavender club making contact with the dimpled texture of a pink golf ball.  I can smell, hear, and see the course now and even though it is just in my head, it is morale boosting and puts a smile on my face. 

No comments:

Post a Comment