Saturday, February 16, 2013

12 Days

I watched the movie “Lincoln” with my roommates last night.  What a long and fantastic movie!  I highly recommend it and will hold my tongue so I do not spoil the movie for those who have yet to enjoy the movie.

The weather has been kind of weird lately, often getting warm at night and colder throughout the day.  Sounds backwards, I know, but that is what is happening right now in Kandahar.
I received the details of my investigation case today.  It deals with adultery, a topic I am truly uncomfortable with and really don’t want to discuss.  I have to prove there was sexual intercourse.  How in the world am I supposed to prove that especially when one is a civilian and not held to the Uniform Code of Military Justice?  She can lie her little patootie off without consequence and then it becomes a game of he said she said.  Much to say, I am not looking forward to this investigation and I only have 12 days to complete it.  Most of the people involved are in the States and, oh by the way, they have a four day weekend right now. 

1 comment:

  1. I'm thinking of Richard Gere and Renée Zellweger, Catherine Zeta-Jones in Chicago one of thier songs. Maybe "we both reached for the gun"

    ReplyDelete