Saturday, February 23, 2013

Fish and Chips

What a day today has been!  Every other Saturday morning I host a meeting via Adobe Breeze.  If you are not familiar with this program, it is quite genius and quite idiotic all at the same time.  This program is much like a chat room.  On the left hand of the screen, I have visibility of everyone who is signed into the meeting room.  On the far right there is a long and narrow chat box that I use to send messages to everyone in the room or individuals depending on what option I choose.  In the middle of the screen is my PowerPoint presentation turned into a PDF.  At the bottom of the screen is a talk button so that I can talk to the group instead of typing everything I need to say.  The downside to this is that everyone in the room can rearrange anything on the screen.  For example, if LT Joe wants to flip through the slides, the whole group can see him flipping through slides.  It is the most difficult thing in the world for group members to not touch these slides.  No amount of verbal or typed reminders can remedy this and it bugs the poop out of me because I will be presenting and someone will change the slide on me.

Anyway, my meeting was a bust today.  Not only was everyone having issues with their microphones not working, my internet went out right in the middle.  That is correct, we were jumping around trying to find a talk button that functioned and in the middle of all that chaos my internet stops working.  Let’s add in that one Commander called my desk side phone instead of logging onto the Adobe Breeze and asked to present via speaker phone…to the group on the computer.
I took the new CPT to the Bazaar today.  He hadn’t been yet and I have been meaning to return one of these days.  I have my eyes on two items, but they either don’t have it or the price is wrong.  He is like me in that as it becomes more and more crowded we become more and more uncomfortable.  We stayed for about thirty minutes and called it a day.  We walked over to the Cambridge dining facility which is the British style dining facility.  We enjoyed some fish and chips!  They were battering it and frying it up right in front of us!  It was one of the most delicious meals I have had in a long time and it was complete with a specially made warm tartar sauce and fresh lemon slices. 

No comments:

Post a Comment