Saturday, December 1, 2012

Oh Captain, My Captain!


Key, Walker, Staun Ready for Promotion!

The transition from working nights to days is proving difficult, but with enough coffee, I can do this!  Not to mention today is my official promotion! 
I feel like Iron Man with glowing power radiating from my chest!  Not even the price of pizza can get me down today (we paid $300 for 20 Pizzas). 
Three of us were promoted today, Rob Walker who is nicknamed CPT America, PJ Key who was my company mate in college, and me!







About to be Promoted!
My classmates and I have been waiting for this promotion for 42 months now.  To be honest, we were 2nd LT’s for 18 months and 1st LT’s for 24 months.  In past years, it was 18 months at each rank, but with all the changes occurring with the drawdown of forces and such, the Army had to slow down promotions.  Someone somewhere decided that CPT’s didn’t receive enough LT experience and decided to stretch it out a bit.  This is not the end of the lengthening, unfortunately for LT’s the Army wants to extend LT time to a total of 48 months.  Have fun with that!



1 comment:

  1. congratulations! also, why the hell is pizza so expensive there?

    ReplyDelete