Monday, December 31, 2012

New Year's Eve

Yesterday, after work, I had a good vent with my roommates.  It was well overdue.  I am learning that no one in my unit is a team player.  After our New Years BBQ, I asked an E5 to reserve a plate of food for our two night shift personnel.  He told me, “If they want food, they should’ve come to the BBQ.”  Really?  This is the response from an E5 to a CPT in reference to two people who work the night shift so no one else has to work all night?  I had to walk away.  I made the plates myself and wrapped them in foil.  I taped a note to the top detailing that this was reserved for the night battle crew.  When the night battle crew showed up, I went to show them where their BBQ was located, but it was missing.  Again, I had to walk away. 
During my shift, the COL asked me to print out a list detailing the replacing units and their command teams.  I told him I would have to research that information and that I would have it to him in the morning.  My boss agreed that we would need to research the information.  An hour before my shift was complete, my boss asked for a status update on the file with the detailed unit information.  I looked at him funny and explained that we were researching the information and there was not much I could do at seven o’clock at night on a Sunday.  To which he pulls out a piece of paper and says, “We have all that information right here.”  Ugh, where was this an hour ago when he said we didn’t have the information?  It’s cool.  I handled it, and now I look super squared away because I got the information to the COL in half the time.
We have been experiencing issues with our DISTRO lists.  Issues such as you can send an email to the Battle DISTRO but no one will receive your email.  We have reported it to our tech guys and they in turn filled out a work order to have the issue fixed.  As I was walking around the building asking Section managers for their slide submissions for the upcoming meeting, I was met with a common response, “I already sent them.”  Ok, if I had them, I wouldn’t be asking for them.  Once, just once, I would like for someone to just say, “Ok, I will send them again.”  I am not mad that I don’t have your sections slides.  I am not getting you in trouble for not having your sections slides turned in on time.  Quite frankly, I don’t care about your slides.  I am trying to help you so you don’t look stupid in the meeting in front of the COL when your slide comes up blank.
Justice was served when the head of the Tech section arrived.  I asked him for his slides to which he responded that he sent them.  I said, “I don’t have them.”  He replied, “Well, I sent them to the Battle Box.”  I smiled and said, “We told you our Battle box was not working days ago to which you told us a work order had been submitted.  It still isn’t working.  Can I get your slides please?”  He put his head down as though defeated, because he was, and said, “I’ll send them to you.” 
Today has been quiet.  Nice and quiet.  Happy New Year everybody!  Don’t party too hard without me, but definitely have a drink for me!

1 comment:

  1. that thing with the food would really piss me off. i can't believe someone took it when it had a note on it.

    ReplyDelete