Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas everyone!  I am at work today witnessing terrorists taking advantage of the holiday by attacking when they think we are most vulnerable.  Otherwise, it is a rather quiet day due to minimal staffing requirements and canceled meetings.  This is one of those days that I wish my chair was more comfortable so I could curl up and take a nap.  It is cold outside and there is a brisk wind that starts to sting after prolonged exposure. 
I started my day in church at 7am.  My plan was to attend the Catholic service at 7am and meet a friend for breakfast at the dining facility across from the chapel at 830.  The service was short lasting only 30 minutes.  The priest was tired from a crowded midnight mass, but was still happy to see us all in attendance.  It was too cold to wait for my friend outside the dining facility, so I went back to my room to warm up.  Leaving my room with enough time to keep to the schedule set by my friend, I arrived with time to spare.  I waited in the cold trying to keep warm by standing in the sun.  Five minutes, ten minutes, fifteen minutes passed by and I still did not see my friend.  I decided to wait five more minutes before entering and devouring the fake omelet I had set my mind to order.  I call it a fake omelet because it is made from powdered eggs.  My friend never arrived, but man was that omelet good!  I would not suggest drinking the chow hall coffee though, not even I could get past the smell of dirty socks to daringly take a sip.
I got to work early and it was a good thing.  Our new LT was clueless on what he was supposed to be doing in light of recent events.  I walked him through the process and once he was comfortable I logged onto Facebook to see how Christmas was unraveling in the States.  It seems like everything is undercontrol back home, so I will just keep holding down the fort over here.

SGT Santa Came To Visit

1 comment:

  1. Merry Christmas! I hope the rest of your Tour of DUTY is as quiet.

    ReplyDelete