Friday, December 21, 2012

Photo Enhanced!

Today has been a great day!  We are trying out our new schedule that the new LT and I came up with and everyone in the office approved.  I was able to get my laundry done, workout at the gym, and take a trip to the PX this morning!!!  What a day!  Not only was I able to accomplish all of the above, but I also slept in past 5am today! 
When I got to work, I was in such a good mood that it began to rub off on my co-workers.  I walked in to serious and stressed looks on everyone’s faces.  Within ten minutes, my boss and the NCOIC were dancing to 80’s music and laughing. 
We were cracking jokes about the end of the world right shortly thereafter.  If we were intelligent enough and had the capabilities, we would be playing so many jokes on the world today.  Additionally, we wondered if those groups like “Anonymous” were pulling pranks today. 
I also had the privilege to listen in on a conversation between my boss, the NCOIC, and the movement NCO on ways to be spontaneously romantic to their wives upon returning to the States.  They claim to have used all their moves, which makes sense after 17 years of marriage.  They started telling stories of how they proposed and kept the magic alive.  Some of their stories are cute and romantic, but some are just weird.  The NCOIC once heard the song he used to propose to his wife on the radio while driving down the highway and pulled the car over to dance with his wife.  The other had a friend who was in the billboard business and therefore advertised that he loved his wife for free on a billboard.  I’ll let you decide if these are romantic or weird.  As the only female in the room, I was surprised they didn’t ask me for advice.  Thinking back now, it makes sense because I am the only one that is single in this office.
Our resident nerds (S6 Communications Section) were in our office today fixing the new LT’s system access and such.  The head nerd is also the Public Affairs Liaison.  He takes photos at our events and approves photos for posting and emailing to friends and family.  He also serves as the tour guide for media personnel in attendance to our functions. 
He recently traveled to repair computer components and networking issues at a FOB that recently got hit with a lot of snow.  He was stuck there for a while due to travel constraints, so he took the time to dive into his favorite hobby, photo enhancing.  Posted below is a picture of me that he took 30 minutes to enhance removing wrinkles, freckles, turning the background black and white, enhancing my color (especially my eyes), and whitening my teeth.  The results, as you will see, are amazing! 

No comments:

Post a Comment