Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Hum Hum Humming

Today is one of those happy, sad days.  We are happy because our additional LT has arrived, but sad because the boss announced today that we will not be having three eight hour shifts.  Twelve hour days are here to stay.  With no explanation as to why, my concentration shifted to switching jewels in an imaginary Bejeweled game. 
I ran to work today which is a good thing because I have been upset with myself for not making it to the gym recently.  I was getting ready for work today when I heard what sounded like thunder.  I haven’t heard thunder in such a long time that I had to pause and concentrate on the noise before arriving at the conclusion that it was indeed thunder.  That and I heard the tink tink tink of rain beginning slowly on the metal MOD.  I threw my stuff together and ran out the door.  I had to make it to work before it started to pour!  I walked in the door, took off my jacket, and listened as the sound of pouring rain hit the exterior walls of the office.  YES!  I made it just in time!
I have started to notice that I hum when I become slightly perturbed.  I sing everything from Christmas songs to television show theme songs.  Today’s song is the opening song to the old television show “Three’s Company…’Come and knock on our door…’” 
As I sit here blogging, I am sipping on hot chocolate, nibbling on peppermint, and wishing I was smothered in blankets on a couch in front of a glowing fire.  Weird how people wish they were doing things they would never normally do in the states.  I think I have managed to have one fire in my fireplace and all it did was make my house smell like a campfire.  I do remember as a child sitting in front of the fireplace with a glowing fire warming the family room, hot chocolate in hand, cuddled up next to dad who occasionally got up to stir the fire or turn down the fireplace fan. 
We chose our Secret Santa names today.  Yes, I regrettably joined in this game thanks to the peer pressure from my office.  Luckily, I drew the name of someone I know so I have a good idea of what to get her…but really??? Secret Santa games in combat?   

No comments:

Post a Comment