Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Grinchy

Ah, the day after Christmas.  I am as tired as I usually am after the Christmas holiday spent at home.  My roommate went to the MWR Holiday party last night and came in like she owned the place.  The other roommate was running her FedEx as usual.  There would be no sleep for me and I realized this as my roommate began making her Christmas phone calls and yelling at the phone as though the recipient was deaf.  When she was done with her phone calls, she whispered in my direction asking if I was awake.  I wasn’t sure how to react to this, so I groggily replied, “Yea, I’m awake. What’s up?”  She wanted to tell me about the guy she met while at the Holiday party.  I was finally able to doze off a few hours later with The Grinch dressed as CPT America next to me and a stuffed turtle on my chest snuggled up against my neck.  It was a cozy Christmas night for me. 
I awoke early to the sound of my roommate’s alarm clock at 0540 and again at 0630.  I decided to just give in and get up.  I got ready for the day and commenced with sanitizing my area of everything Christmas.  There is an NCO in the office that is sending it all to Charity, so I figured I would donate to the cause.  I started cleaning and reorganizing my area, but stopped when I felt I was going to dig in too deep and be late for work.  Becoming increasingly annoyed at the noises coming from the Post Office my roommate was running, I decided to leave for work and finish what I started later this evening.  Once again, I got to work early, but my roommate wasn’t there, so I was happy.
It has been a quiet but busy day.  Everyone is trying to catch up on work that was put off for the holidays.  Everyone except my office of course because we worked through the holiday.  Yay!  So instead, my boss went to the requisitions yard which holds a bunch of random stuff collected from departing units and given out for free.  They came back with catcher’s masks, catcher’s shin guards, an extremely large roll of aluminum foil, and red and white striped poles that look like something an Olympic javelin thrower would use for practice.  Yes, that was a productive trip. 

No comments:

Post a Comment