Saturday, December 8, 2012

Go Army! Beat Navy!

The sensing session was hilarious!  There were people complaining, people standing up for the person that person was complaining about, and a commander trying to make light of the situation with well placed sarcasm and jokes. 
It wasn’t until after the sensing session that I came away with the feeling that the COL took us serious enough to take action.  He requested to see me in his office shortly after the sensing session.  Not sure what he wanted to see me about, I took a pen and a pad of paper with me.  He wanted to know more about my negative interactions with the XO.  I explained to him that on multiple occasions he had cussed me out, belittled other officers in front of their Soldiers, and straight face lied to a COL.  I explained all of these situations in full detail.  He was very attentive and asked questions to gain a better understanding of the situation.  Towards the end of our meeting, he reassured me that I would not see repercussions as a result of my honesty.  He was going to counsel the XO and he was going to have a chat with my supervisor to encourage his support of subordinates and verify a few things since he was in the room on one particular incident in which the XO was exercising his knowledge of explicative’s to me.   Before I left the office, he did a morale check asking how I was getting along in the shop and how my dad was doing.  Satisfied with my answers, I was dismissed from his office.
Today was the Army V Navy game on Kandahar.  It was the Navy Role III Hospital versus the Army Medical Task Force.  Army won the coin toss and started the game off with a long pass resulting in a touchdown on the first play quickly followed by a successful extra point.  The rest of the game is not important seeing as Army never lost the lead and won 22-39.  Let’s hope this is foresight for what is to come!  GO ARMY!  BEAT NAVY!

No comments:

Post a Comment