Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Stuart Little

In case you were curious, the mouse was captured.  His cute brown furriness is no longer.  The only good thing about his capture is that I heard the XO scream like a girl once again.  It was captured by my boss’s desk and noticed as my boss was making an espresso for the COL.  He got excited and started giving the mouse a tour of the building laughing at the different reactions.  Some Soldiers screamed, some took pictures, and some just walked in the opposite direction.  Once all the entertaining factors of this catch were drained, the mouse was taken outside and put out of his misery.
Today has been a day of meetings, not for me, but for my boss, leaving me alone and the office quiet.  The most I have been required to do today is pick up my mail.  This is the second day I have received a mysterious package.  Yesterday, I received the most adorable T-shirt, but I do not know who sent it.  It was an online purchase without a receipt.  Today, I received a package that had a name on it, but I did not know the person.  Turns out, it is from a group called West Point Moms Bake.  Mothers of West Point Cadets got together and decided to take the addresses of deployed West Point graduates and send them homemade treats.  What an exciting concept!  In this box were homemade brownies, cookies, and a Black Knight stuffed doll!  Just in time for the Army VS Navy game!  Go Army!  Beat Navy!  There was a very heartfelt letter included as well.  She mentioned her background with the military, her husband is a WP grad, her son is a Cadet, and her daughter is thinking about attending a Service Academy…no pressure, right? 
Outside my office, a pull up competition was ensuing until a final argument over whether or not they were allowed to “kip” commenced.  This is not the first argument surrounding this competition.  They have argued and demonstrated a pull up so many times that I don’t think a competition would be fair.  The first argument was about how long they had to hang on the bar prior to pulling themselves up, then they argued how long between pull ups they had to hang, and the next argument was to determine which direction their hands should be facing on the bar, followed by how far apart the hands should be positioned on the bar.  It became so riddled with confusion they finally dispersed agreeing to disagree on a proper form of pull-up.  How will I ever know what form to practice so I can kick their butts at the end of this deployment?

No comments:

Post a Comment