Monday, December 10, 2012

Blessings in Disguise

I saw a UPS truck on the way to work today.  I guess their slogan is true, Service Worldwide.  Alas, I couldn’t take a picture for several reasons.  First, it was bitter cold this morning.  Second, I had to get to work early because I have become the baker of the first loaf of bread for the day.  My roommate and I figured that if I started a loaf at 0700, then we could bake two loaves a day. 
The day has been a frustrating day.  I have an NCO that decided to make his own schedule from here on out.  Since he made that decision, he also decided to dump all the Battle NCO tasks.  Did I mention he didn’t tell anyone he was doing this?  He arrived 30 minutes late, didn’t have the slides together that were needed for the meeting this morning, and the slides he did have were wrong.  To ice this cake, I don’t even think he cared.
Adapt and overcome.  That is what I did.  Between my boss and me, we were able to get everything figured out before the meeting commenced.  I think I may have murdered a forest, but at least the slides were printed and correct.  This paperless Army idea will never come to fruition with leaders who were around pre-computers.  These leaders require everything in a hard-copy in addition to the required email.  In most instances, they put red ink all over the hard copy and then hand it back to you to make corrections.  I tried to pass on the idea of the “track changes” option, but it did not get far.  My boss printed it, red inked it, and handed it back to me.
On to happier thoughts!  I love stupid jokes!  I have a wonderful friend who sends me fantastically dumb jokes and I love them!  They really make my day.  As I think back, I remember as a kid I used to collect joke books and read them like they were novels.  I never retained the jokes, unfortunately, although if I had, I probably would have been less popular than I already was growing up.  Blessings in disguise.

1 comment:

  1. "I tried to pass on the idea of the “track changes” option, but it did not get far. My boss printed it, red inked it, and handed it back to me."

    Haha! Priceless! Love your delivery here. Well done. :)

    As for your NCO, a firm boot up the booty may be in order.

    I love dumb jokes, too. Did you hear the one about the cow with no ears? ;)

    ReplyDelete