Saturday, December 22, 2012

Apartment Style


My roommate (CPT) and I decided to rearrange the room last night.  She was tired of our other roommate tracking dirt through her area and her light always being turned on and in her face.  I was tired of the same roommate bending over in her underwear where I could see her.  Trust me, no one wants to see her G’ma bend over in her underwear.  I want to burn my eyes out but I don’t think that will destroy the image ingrained in my brain. 
Our previous setup had four wall lockers in the direct center of the room.  The roommate closest to the door had a wall locker set up at the end of her bed so that when she was in bed, she could not see our other roommate.  I had a wall locker at the end of the empty bed so when we had a guest, she could not see me from her bed. 
We arranged our six wall lockers to form three separate rooms.  When you walk in the door, the whole front portion is one room.  There is a y-shaped hallway that splits towards my section and our other roommates section.  This way, no one gets dirt trampled into their section, I don’t have to see anyone bend over in her underwear, and the front area is completely dark when it needs to be dark.  I tried to take a picture, but no angle was able to reveal the amazingness of this setup.  I actually have more room and more privacy. 
Our third roommate really liked the new setup when she walked in and saw the change.  We rearranged everything without telling her and while she was gone.  Probably not the smartest idea not to include her, but when genius hits, who are we to tell it no?  The downfall, however, is that she thinks she actually has her own room to include sound proof walls.  I figured this out last night when she was up until 3am doing what sounded like running a post office.  This woman is a serious hoarder.  She has bags upon bags upon boxes in her area.  She has so much stuff, she sleeps with a lot of it because there is no other space for it to occupy.
In the pictures below, I have labeled the guest bed, my roommate’s bed (CPT), my bed, and our other roommate (the G’ma). 
 
Room when we moved in...
 
Rearranged!


No comments:

Post a Comment