Saturday, November 3, 2012

The Day Nothing Went Right

Have you ever had one of those days where nothing seems to be in your favor?  You start questioning what you did to receive such bad luck.  That was my day today! 
It started out like any other normal day of mine.  I had to get up early because I had a meeting to attend/run.  I got up at 3:30pm, got ready for a shower and headed down the hallway in my white fluffy robe, with my colorful fluffy towel, bright yellow flip flops, purple color changing loofah, and my green basket of good smelling soaps, lotions, and shampoo.  “It is going to be a good day,” I thought, smiling, and looking up just in time to get smacked in the forehead by a metal sign hanging over the bathroom door, “Painting in Progress.”  What?   I peak into the bathroom to see two males, one on a ladder over the showers and one squatting by the urinals, painting.  I know what you are thinking, and yes there are urinals in the ladies bathroom.  I work in a male dominated profession, I am sure if it was deemed appropriate there would be a urinal in my room.
Unlike the last time I ran into a similar situation (see post #3 The Avengers), there was no woman to rush to my rescue.  Trust me, I looked!  I made my presence known and the two males looked at me, looked at each other, and then continued painting.  Crap.  I had to pee!  I was dirty, nasty, gross, and I needed to at least brush my teeth before going to the meeting in which I was the main character!  Clearly, none of the above was going to happen here today in this bathroom. 
I decided to cancel my meeting.  It was my meeting, wasn’t it?  The XO mandated it, but I was the one running it.   Yup, decision made, meeting canceled.  Now, I just have to ask my boss if I can cancel it.  I grabbed my issued cell phone and attempted to text my officemate.  “Due to a technical error your message cannot be sent.”  What? I tried to send it about 20 times without success!  I even tried to call him repeatedly and frantically, “Emergency Calls Only.”  What?!  Crap.
With no other option, I quickly dressed, threw up my hair, and ran out the door with everything I needed for work to include my toothbrush and toothpaste.  As I exited the building and began my walk to work, I ran into the lady who was supposed to be supervising the painters.  The last time I had an issue with her was when they were renovating my room.  Her excuse for being rude was that she posted signs a week in advance…I guess her sign was supposed to get my shift changed to days so I wouldn’t have to sleep while they were working in my room.  I saw her sitting outside in her chair, not doing her job and I could not help but stop and say hello.  With the sweetest smile I could muster, I thanked her for occupying the bathroom while night shift workers were trying to get ready for work (I was not the only one in this predicament) and asked her where her sign was posted.  Not waiting for an answer, I left for work dirty, nasty, and gross. 
Looking like a bum, I arrived at work and high-tailed it to the bathroom to at least empty my poor bladder and brush my teeth.  Trying to rid myself of the bad mood I was in, I grabbed a cup of coffee and distracted myself with a fellow female in a rough spot.  Our conversation, or rather our bitching, put me in a better mood and I began to prepare the conference room for my ten minute IPR.  Seriously, it lasted ten minutes.
The IPR went fantastically well, but now I am two hours early for work and my NCO has my Meal Card.  I can't wait for tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment