Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Random Stuff

There are a lot of questions on my mind today, mostly random stuff.
Why did the workers use latex paint on a metal surface? And why didn’t they paint the entire bathroom?  Why are there just patches of white on the tan ceiling?  Did anyone inspect their work when they were done?  Personally, I would not have paid them if that work had been done in my home.
Why can’t people just do what is asked of them?  I invested a lot of time in a project in which I need input, yet no one wants to provide feedback.  The corrections I did receive were all about font choice.  Thank you Sir, I am so glad you are wrapped up in font choice rather than the content quality.
Why are all my pockets full?  I thought for sure the Army provided me with enough pockets to carry what I needed with extra pockets available.  Nope.  I invested in an additional pocket that hangs around my neck and I am still running out of pocket space.  I know what you are thinking, “Why don’t you carry a bag?”  Well, my wonderful readers, there is no place here accepting of bags in their facilities.  So I load up my pockets, head to the dining facility and head to work.  That’s right, no bags in the dining facility.  I am going to have to rework my schedule to allow for me to carry a bag.
When is the Army going to make a uniform that fits me?  I know, I am small, but I serve in the military and therefore should be allowed to have a uniform that fits.  With all the items I stuff in my pockets I feel like my pants are about to fall off at any moment (thank God for my belt which is also laden with stuff) and my top hangs funny at the shoulders because this extra-small jacket has wider shoulders than I. 
I feel like a bit of a hypocrite right now.  I will confess I am one of those people who would like Christmas to wait until after Thanksgiving.   I like Thanksgiving and do not enjoy the rush of Christmas.  However, I received a Christmas tree in the mail and since I do not have Thanksgiving decorations, it is now set up in my room.  I will include a picture so you can see how cute it is.
I promised a friend that I would not use this blog to complain, so the above comments are not complaints, just thoughts.  I’ll even throw a funny story in here.  I received some knitted hats from my sister the other day.  I gave one to each of my roommates and had two extras which I passed around my shop.  I had requested a pink one, but since my sister’s intent was to wear these under our Army Combat Helmets (ACH) pink was unacceptable.  Being the creative and awesome sister she is, she made one that was pink on top and brown on the sides so that the brown was the only part showing under my ACH.  I was sporting my hat at work (without the ACH) when my NCO starts to lecture me that it is inappropriate and undermining uniform standards.  Tonight, I arrived at work with my hat in my pocket planning to wear it once everyone left so as not to “undermine uniform standards”.  My Task Force Commander (the big cheese) has a habit of staying late and when he does my NCO drives him back to his room for safety reasons.  Tonight, the Colonel (COL) pops his head in my office to let us know he is ready to go and asks why I am not wearing my hat!  HAHA! Eat that NCO!  I looked at my NCO and just smiled as I put my hat on and continued working!  On their way out the door, the COL yells back, “Keep that head warm LT!”
How amazing!  Anyway, I want to say, I love everyone’s comments left on this blog!  They are not ignored, they are wonderfully appreciated and I always smile when I receive a comment!  No question is too big or too small and as seen, if I don’t have the best answer, someone will help me out.  Thank you all for everything, comments and questions alike!

No comments:

Post a Comment