Saturday, November 24, 2012

Surprise!

Today has been a relatively great day.  I got a fantastic workout at the gym, I managed to run for 40 minutes today.  When I returned to the room, I found it empty and decided to continue my workout with sit-ups, crunches, and, my favorite, supine bicycles. 
Once I was sufficiently worked out and showered, I decided to calm my body down with a movie.  I have three folders on my external hard drive labeled new movies, movies, and series.  I hadn’t checked out the series folder yet so I opened it and saw that it contained two television series: “The Big Bang Theory” and “The Modern Family”. 
“The Big Bang Theory” is a TV series that I am very familiar with and find it hilarious.  It revolves around four highly intelligent geeks and a blond female neighbor that all but one geek wants to date.  These geeks are a socially dysfunctional group of friends trying to fit in with today’s societal norms.  I highly recommend it! 
I was not familiar with “The Modern Family” TV series.  I opened the folder to find three seasons awaiting my viewing.  I started with the first season and the Pilot episode to find that this series is based on a family and the families within it.  We follow the father and his new family (divorced and remarried to a much younger female and her young son), his daughter and her traditional family of five, and his son with a live-in boyfriend and their adopted Vietnamese baby girl.  I guess this show is detailing how the Traditional American Family has changed.  Anyway, it is a funny show and if you can get over the non-traditional aspect of family, I would recommend it.
After a five hour nap, I returned to work to find a package had arrived for me.  I wonder what it could be!!!
I got my iPad today!  How exciting! I cannot wait to explore it, send messages, get some face time in with friends and family, and download an app!  I didn’t know it had to connect to WiFi to set up, so I will have to set it up when I get off work. 
This is where you all get to help me out!  How do I send messages and do face time?  Who else has an iPad?

No comments:

Post a Comment