Sunday, November 25, 2012

Sleeping Day

Today was a sleeping day.  I made it to my room after work to immediately curl up with the Avengers and woke up in time to set up my iPad, download my first app (NYTimes), shower, and rush off to work.  This is actually a pretty early wake up for me because the internet in our rooms is quite slow.  Why did I wake up so early?  For starters, one of my roommates, it has yet to be discovered which one, left her watch in the room with an alarm set to go off forty minutes before my alarm is set to sound.  Not only was she not in the room to shut it off, but I didn’t want to get out of bed to search for it. 
That’s fine.  I waited for it to silence itself, rolled over, and went back to sleep.  Ten minutes later, there was loud music walking up and down the hallway.  I gave up on sleeping and decided to hit the showers instead.  As the hot, steamy water melted away my disappointment of an early wake-up, the music entered the bathroom.  I danced a little as I rinsed the shampoo out of my hair.  If you can’t beat ‘em, join ‘em, right?  As I was washing my face, I heard a shout from a person.  I couldn’t understand what she was asking or saying or singing, so I ignored it and continued with my shower. 
Shortly thereafter, I heard the plastic cover on the fan switch close and realized the fan vents had just been shut off.  Then the music exited the bathroom.  I couldn’t help but think to myself, “What was the point of that?  Did she think I wanted it to get all steamy in here?  Maybe she is going to come back to enjoy the steam.”  No such luck.  I didn’t understand her actions, but as I left the bathroom, I turned the fan back on.  No use making others uncomfortable or risking mold growth.
Back in my nice warm room, I started setting up my iPad.  I got so into it that I forgot about the time and was late leaving for work.  The great thing about my job is that no one noticed I was late, and if they did, I highly doubt they would have said anything. 

No comments:

Post a Comment