Friday, November 16, 2012

Great Day!

Wow, today has truly been an amazing day! 
I got off work, got a ride back to my room, popped in a movie, and was asleep within fifteen minutes!  The amazing part is that I slept until my alarm sounded!  Haha, I remembered to set my alarm! Not wanting to get out of bed, I sat up and threw my feet off the edge of the bed where they landed on my bear slippers.  A smile hit my face as I remember the wonderful warmth of my bear feet slippers.  I slide my feet in and walk to the door to turn on the lights.  With the lights on and my eyes still closed, I made my way back to my bed and sat down.  Feeling the need to stretch, I notice that I am actually sore from my workout yesterday.  Another smile hits my face as I think, “Yes! I actually did get a good workout in yesterday!”  Oddly it feels good to be sore from working out. 
I went to shower and the showers were sparkling clean once again.  I just can’t help but smile when I find myself confronted with a clean shower, especially when I didn’t have to clean it!  The water is hot and feels good on my muscles.  I was able to take my time to get ready for work instead of rushing because I either forgot to turn on my alarm or because I laid in bed too long wishing I didn’t have to go to work.  I turned on some music and actually enjoyed getting ready for the day. 
Bag packed, TSA pat down complete, I left for work.  My muscles (particularly my quadriceps) are becoming increasingly sore as the time passes which is a good feeling to me until I arrived at the steps of the boardwalk.  If you have ever had muscle soreness from a good workout, you know exactly what I mean.  I not only had to climb eight stairs, but I also had to step down two stairs.  This is not an easy feat nor does it feel very good.  Mission accomplished and I am still feeling good!
I have made it to work where a K-cup of Starbucks coffee and a K-cup of Swiss Miss hot chocolate have definitely set me up for a great night.  Not to mention, there was a package waiting for me as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment