Wednesday, November 14, 2012

I'm a Libra

If everyone wants it their way and no one is willing to give in, the only possible outcome is disappointment on all fronts.  Tolerance is an underrated virtue and one that keeps people together.

The above statement was my horoscope for today.  Now before we get ahead of ourselves, I would like to clarify that I am not one of those people that puts everything into horoscopes.  I am just interested to see what they have to say.  They are more a source of entertainment than a warning of how to live my life.  I do not habitually search for horoscopes, but today I stumbled upon the horoscope section of the “Stars and Stripes” newspaper we receive here daily. 
This is unlike any horoscope I have ever read. I am used to horoscopes telling me I am going to have a bad day, a bad relationship, or warning me to be tight with money.  This one is thought provoking.
My Thoughts:
I am a very tolerant person.  To a point that is, I know I have been described as feisty, but I choose my battles wisely.  For an example see the “Temperature Control” blog.  The tolerance I demonstrate for my roommates and their thermostat habits is unappreciated and unobserved.  However, if a stubborn battle ensued over the thermostat in this example then no one is going to be happy.  We will just sit and let our anger fester and think of ways to change the temperature or hide the remote when the other isn’t looking.  Until tolerance, or compromise, come into play, the room will never be peaceful. 
What I read is: Stubborn people arguing (I think we can all relate to that) is only going to result in disappointment.  Compromise is the solution.
What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment