Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Play-Doh

It is amazing how something as simple as Play-Doh can be absolutely relaxing.  The soft squish in your hands, the cool rubbery feel, and the plastic dough smell filling your nostrils reminding you of childhood as you close your eyes and squeeze the dough between your fingers.  You can absentmindedly play with it in your hands and let your mind wander, go blank, or focus on work.  You can roll it into a ball and remember the singing clay balls with red lips that aired on “Sesame Street.”  You can sit and recall how your mother always warned you to put it away before it dried out.  That memory only makes me wonder how long it takes for it to actually dry out, but I am not willing to lose my freshly delivered entertainment in the name of science to prove to my mom that it would take three days for my Play-Doh to dry out.  Although this isn’t Play-doh, it is Dough Pate, maybe there is a difference and my experiment is now useless. 

1 comment:

  1. play-do is awesome. I used to really want one of those fancy accessory machines they advertised on TV. Like the kind that would make your play-do into spaghetti strands.

    ReplyDelete