Friday, January 25, 2013

The Nerve


My other roommate needs to travel again, she has only been back a short while, but she is causing a ruckus.  Last night she went and took a hot shower, made a cup of hot tea as she got into her thermal pajamas (we call them poly-pro), and then, deciding she was too hot, turned on the air conditioner.  As I started to freeze, I curled up in a ball under my blankets.  I suppose she realized her mistake when she started to turn up the thermostat, but she left the air conditioner on.  I awoke still curled up in a ball this morning, cold and not wanting to move.  Once she left for work, I quickly snatched the remote and turned the heat back on.  I do not understand her.  If she was hot then she should have slept in shorts and a t-shirt like the rest of us, or perhaps taken a moment in our cold hallway to cool down for a moment, or even asked the other three people in the room if they were hot before adjusting the thermostat. 
Work today has been like pulling teeth from a hippopotamus.  I am collecting power point slides for our meeting with all of the units of which we are in charge.  The slides were due yesterday by the close of business, so I didn’t even bother compiling the slides until today.  I was missing slides from four of our units, so I started sending e-mails and making phone calls.  One Commander actually had the nerve to ask me if the other units knew about this meeting and slide submission.  I wanted to say, “No Sir, we have kept this meeting a pretty good secret for the last 119 days.”  I didn’t, but that was me showing good judgment. 
It is gorgeous outside today.  I could say the weather is perfect and not be lying.  It is sunny outside but it is not overwhelmingly hot.  The shade is nice and cool while the sun is nicely warming.  It is days like today that make me wish my office was outside. 

No comments:

Post a Comment