Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Newest Addition

PT this morning was fantastic!  After a short warm up, we ran three miles followed by some steps, another lap, some more steps, and a cool down lap.  It was not incredibly cold this morning and seemed the perfect temperature for PT.  My roommate and I spent our walk to PT discussing our new roommate.  We now have a full house.  In any other situation, this would be a winning hand, but in our situation it is a nuisance especially because our newest addition snores. 
This is how my night went:  I arrived to the room around 830pm.  There was a stranger lying on the spare bed wrapped in a sleeping bag like a caterpillar in a cocoon.  A head peeked out as I entered the room and she said hello.  I responded and went straight back to my corner.  I was a little confused, but the Army has taught me how to be flexible, so I continued with my previously scheduled program; work, FaceTime, gym.  I was on FaceTime with Dad, not really caring how loud I was, when I heard snoring.  At least I know she can sleep through anything and my FaceTime will not be discounted due to her presence.  Still on FaceTime, my other roommate entered the room.  Fresh off the plane from her travels, I hoped she would be tired and take to her bed quickly.   That was not the case.  She had been away from her corner for a week and was behind on whatever she does over there.  As I hung up with Dad, I heard her tinkering in her area with the Presidential Inauguration turned on in the background. 
I grabbed my computer and turned on a movie.  I knew I wasn’t going to be able to rest until all my roommates were present and the lights were out.  In the middle of “Ghosts of Girlfriends Past” my roommate entered the room.  She was returning from the Martin Luther King Jr celebration.  She said it was really enjoyable and the guest speakers were phenomenal, but she was tired and went straight to bed.  The movie ended and I decided it was time to try and steal some sleep.  My other roommate still had her TV on and was tinkering with something.  She kept turning her flashlight on and off and on again.  I finally caught some shut eye around 2am only to be awakened at 530am to my alarm calling me to PT. 
After PT, I decided to gather details about our additional roommate.  What we thought was going to be a stay of a day or two turned into an undisclosed amount of time.  She mentioned obtaining a key to our room.  I pulled my roommate to the side and we discussed moving the additional roommate and our other roommate into a room of their own.  It seems like the perfect plan since the two of them are closer in rank, one can sleep through anything, and the other can provide the anything. 

No comments:

Post a Comment