Saturday, January 19, 2013

Insanity

Today has been an interesting day.  I met a friend of my sister’s for lunch and was quite embarrassed when we sat down with two full bird COL’s and two LTC’s, all of whom I work with to include my TF CDR.  It wasn’t my choice, but as I walked past their table, they gave me a shout out and told me I wasn’t allowed to ignore them.  We sat down and I made all the necessary introductions.  One of the COL’s is a West Point grad, so we took turns reminiscing about the Corps.  When they left, we turned to our own conversation.  I ended up taking a two hour lunch, not on purpose, and upon my return to the office, no one said a word!  Thank Jesus!  I thought I was going to get razzed and felt like I was about to walk into the lion’s den, but instead was met with silence as everyone was deep in work. 
I think my boss has finally gone nuts.  He walked into the office carrying a blown out Gator tire.  I asked him what he was going to use it for, to which he responded, “Nothing.”  He is now quartering it with a sawzaw.  Again we asked him what he was doing and he responded with, “I am making armor.”  Ok Sir, do your thing.  The XO walked in while he was slicing the tire and asked if he was making a swing for the room.  Haha, what? 
We just killed the biggest fly ever!  It was about the size of a nickel!  It landed on my phone.  As I was ogling it, my boss, who was standing in front of my desk, started swatting it with a notebook yelling, “Kill it!”  When he finally managed to disable its flying abilities, he grabbed an empty water bottle.  As he was dropping the fly into the bottle he said, “And here you shall sit in your little prison for life,” in a voice you would normally find in a Monty Python movie. 

2 comments:

  1. So what did he end up doing with the tire? I agree that a tire swing would have been cool...

    ReplyDelete
  2. reminds me of MASH, and the guy who always dresses like a woman trying to get out of the army!

    ReplyDelete