Thursday, January 17, 2013

Room Inspection

I slept like a baby last night!  I woke up refreshed and ready to face a new day.  We have room inspections today.  My roommate kept telling me they were not until tomorrow, but I knew better because I make the calendars.  I warned her, but she did not listen.  I swept and mopped the room ensuring my stuff was put away and uncluttered.  My mother would be so proud of me and how clean my area looks. 
I got to work in time to see my roommate rushing out of the building.  She stopped me on her way out to tell me she was on her way back to the room because, “The inspection is today, girl!”  Haha, if only she had listened to me!  One day people will learn, unfortunately that day is not today.  I could have told her I already cleaned up, but that would not have uncluttered her area and a second mopping never hurt anyone or any floor.
The usual banter is tossed around the office today.  Co-workers are leaving early because the internet is down and they cannot access their Facebook accounts.  We now know what everyone else does around here. 
My workouts are proving effective as I am sore today, but I am not going to give up on my resolution.  It is not a New Year’s resolution because I did not make it nor did I start it on New Year’s Day.  It is my deployment resolution, mainly because I do not plan on stepping in a gym when I return home, unless it is my home gym.  My resolution is to make it to the gym every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.  I did not set a time and this works perfectly with our company fitness schedule.  We have mandatory PT on Tuesday and Thursday morning.  I now have a 5 day workout schedule that provides variety and flexibility. 
We are watching a news story about a 3 month old Chihuahua that fell off an 80ft cliff.  We have a resident of California working in our office so of course we immediately start twisting the story to make it seem as though all Californians are crazy, puppy hating, hippies.   One of our final twists was that a Californian pulled up to an 80ft cliff and threw the puppy out of the car window.  Another twist was that a bunch of hippies were smoking it up and decided their puppy could fly.  Either way it was funny.  Not funny that a 3 month old Chihuahua was found at the bottom of a cliff, but funny that we were able to twist the story so much.  The puppy is alive in case you were wondering. 
For all of you who make fun of me for getting lost while using a GPS, the news just reported that a woman following her GPS ended up 900 miles off course. 

1 comment:

  1. I saw that article about the 900 mile off course. That's crazy!! I get lost a lot myself.

    ReplyDelete