Monday, March 4, 2013

Teeter Totter

My opportunity is about to come to fruition!  My MP buddy called my boss after hearing how he degraded me and spoke with him about the opportunity for me to go out on missions with his team.  My buddy told me that my boss sounded receptive to the idea, but that it was ultimately up to my COL.  The COL likes me and I need to be removed from this toxic office.  We started organizing for my transition exchanging information about the gear I have, the equipment I have, what I will need training wise, and my sizes.  It is easier to turn something off than it is to start something around here.  The process has begun, now just to attain approval.  Once my foot is in the door, my MP buddy is going to see if he can get me moved to his building as well.  He has two open cubicles that I can choose from!  That sure beats sharing a desk with three people and having random people take things from your desk drawers.  I pray to God this happens.  My buddy put some pressure on my boss too stating he had 48 hours to give him an answer!  It pays to have friends in great places.

Did I ever mention what the number one complaint is about me going around the office?  I am too bubbly and seem insincere.  So when I say good morning to someone when they walk through the door, they think I am telling them to go to hell.  Interesting concept and I wish I had thought of that first because quite honestly, if I want to tell you to go to hell, I will.  I sent out an email stating that if anyone has an issue, complaint, or criticism about me to confront me about it.  Thus far, no one has said a word to me, but my NCOIC keeps sending me notes telling me how much he appreciates my work and efforts.  I don’t know if he is being sincere or if it is all bullshit and lies.  I can’t wait to be removed from this office.
I confronted my COL today about my bad evaluation.  I handed him the good evaluation that I was handed by my boss two weeks ago.  Then I handed him the evaluation my boss submitted to the COL.  They are drastically different.  One says I walk on water, the other says I do my job.  I also spoke to him about my job opportunity.  I didn’t think my boss was going to bring it up on his own, so I decided to add a little pressure myself.  My boss is currently in the COL’s office being told to rewrite my evaluation and being asked about my opportunity.  Hopefully the results are positive. 
I have been keeping myself busy with work that is not due for another two weeks.  This is good, but what am I going to be doing in two weeks?  This boredom is killing me especially when I have to make it look like I am being productive.  Oh well, this is actually good for me because in two weeks when I am on mission, someone else will be able to take my product and be successful.

1 comment: