Saturday, March 9, 2013

OpportunityLost

I was feeling so beat up by work yesterday that I wanted to cancel the dinner plans previously arranged with my MP buddy.  I didn’t because my roommate says I need to be more social and we always have a good time together.  I am so happy I did not cancel.  I felt so much better after talking and laughing with him.  He provided me an update on my opportunity that was not what I wanted to hear.  My MP buddy was informed by my boss that in order to allow me to work with his team, they needed to send a request to our higher headquarters so that they can task us with this request.  In making this request to our higher headquarters, my MP friends would not be able to request me by name.  Therefore my MP buddy asked his LTC to call my boss to see if this lack of a name was going to bite them in the butt or work out for the best.  His LTC boss called my MAJ boss to discuss, officer to officer, my opportunity to work with his team.  He also wanted to see if he could work out a deal under the table since they only required my assistance for 60 days.  His LTC said my boss sounded very shady in that during their discussion my boss said they could find someone better qualified if they were sent a tasker by our higher headquarters and re-iterated that they could not request me by name.  Since there is no guarantee they will be assigned me, they are not going to put in a request.  This is disappointing to me because there is no one else in this building more qualified for this job than I.  I am a prior service, MP, combat vet with strong deployment ties to members of this team.  Please tell me what nurse is better qualified to head out on a mission to a small outlying FOB and defend as necessary.  My roommate, bless her heart, doesn’t even know how to clean her weapon. 

I digress. 

No comments:

Post a Comment