Friday, March 8, 2013

Frustration

My COL pulled me into his office today and told me he has noticed that I lost the pep in my step.  He is somewhat aware of my situation in the office with my boss.  I told him I worked in a toxic environment and gave him a few examples.  I discussed it with him a bit more and he said he would think on things a bit and get back with me.  How am I supposed to work for a boss who tells me to be more professional while he is playing with a remote controlled car in the office?  I wonder what the COL is thinking of doing.

The girls and I had a complaint circle last night.  The three of us huddled up outside and just kept going around and around with complaints about this unit.  The sad part is that we all have legitimate complaints.  The noticeable part is that most Soldiers in this unit have orders or are awaiting requested orders from Human Resources to remove themselves from this unit as soon as we hit ground in the States.  That alone should say something about this unit’s work climate.
I searched my boss’s office today to find the original evaluation he handed to me (the one that says good things about me).  He requested it a few days ago so that he could make some changes as discussed with the COL and myself.  I couldn’t find it in the obvious places so I thought to myself, “Where would I put something I don’t want anyone else to find or see?”  My initial thought was that he went and shredded it himself, but he is too lazy for that, so I searched the shred box (the box we put whole documents in and hope one day someone will take it to the shredder for shredding).  At the bottom of the box, torn in half and hidden in the middle of a thick, stapled together packet of slides, I found my original evaluation.  I taped it back together and put it in my folder with the submitted evaluation as evidence of what a back stabbing idiot he truly is.  I am building a packet against him to prove I am not a bad Soldier and that he is a horrible leader.
I have sent him my award submission for when I move from this unit.  I have sent it to him three times thus far and have yet to receive any kind of feedback.  I have started to send it to him every day.  If it doesn’t annoy him enough to sign it and submit it, hopefully it at least grabs his attention. 
Due to budget cuts, Soldiers are no longer permitted Tuition Assistance.  We received this email early this morning.  This does not affect me personally because I never took advantage of this program, but it does affect a lot of other Soldiers.  This program assisted Soldiers with tuition funding for college level courses.  I find it interesting that this is one of the first changes we see out of the sequestration.  I know there are more cuts to arrive, but there is something that seems wrong about cutting out education first.

1 comment:

  1. Smart move keeping a CYA (cover your Ass) file in regards to that, and all positives too. I've been in a toxic work situation, and prayer helped me through it. I prayed for the person that was most toxic, what I wanted in life. Eventually a change happened and I was transfered temporarily and then permanatly. I beleive it was the prayer tha helped me get through it.

    ReplyDelete