Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Bad Roommate

I feel like the worst roommate ever today.  I returned to the room late last night due to being out with old friends from a past deployment catching up on life over coffee and banana milkshakes.  The group of us lost track of time and before we realized how long we had been out there, it was 11pm.  I entered the room in pitch black darkness, groped my way to my area in the very back right corner and as quietly as I could, prepared for sleep.  Once I was all comfy cozy snug in bed, I realized I had to pee, once again making way for the opportunity to awaken my roommate by opening the door located in her area. 

I was no better this morning.  Instead of slapping my alarm to silence it, I punched it so that it went flying off the bed, hitting my tuff box, and eventually hiding under my bed screaming for attention.  Once that situation was resolved, I had the daunting task of trying to open my wall locker without it screeching.  I usually open my wall locker at night so that I don’t have to cringe in the morning while opening it.  Another fail in my corner, as the wall locker managed to screech louder than I think it has ever screeched.  I was no more quiet when I returned from my shower as I was seemingly tripping and kicking everything available for kicking and tripping over.  It was a morning that should have been spent in bed, in my opinion.
When my roommate arrived at work, I apologized for being so loud to which she told me she didn’t hear a thing.  I couldn’t believe it.

No comments:

Post a Comment